9 May 2008

My ST701 Spree Experience

Here's the chat conversation I had with Kate, from comGateway's help desk.
I just find that she was just so overly formal with every word she used, I suspected she was probably a chat bot, or someone who just reads and clicks on template response sentences.
What do you think?

Kate: Hello, welcome to comGateway's help desk. How may I assist you?

Me: Hi, I would like to purchase the following item from Amazon.com: Olympus 202172 PT-043 Stylus 1030SW Underwater Housing However, I am unable to proceed because it is slightly over the USD 195 limit. Would it be possible to put USD 195 for the price first and then have the actual amount charged to my account through you? Please advise if this is possible, thanks.

Kate: Kindly be informed that this is not possible.

Me: btw, which courier service do you use for the delivery?

Kate: May I ask you that you are referring to merchant to US office?

Me: No, I am asking about the delivery from US to Singapore. Sorry I didn't make it clearer.

Kate: We regret to inform you that we are unable to advise

Me: Thanks for replying, though I can't say your answers have been helpful.

Kate: I apologize for this

Kate: May I know whether you require further assistance?

Me: Nope.

Kate: You are most welcome. We wish you a pleasant day and thank you for using comGateway. Goodbye.

So that was a few days ago.
The good news: Just an hour earlier I received a phone call from comGateway regarding my spree box and the USD 195 limit problem. And they were able to work around the limit problem. Yay!

And this marks my first online shopping transaction.
I think "gratifying" is an apt word to describe it. :)

Your turn! Start shopping at ST701 Spree now!

No comments: